My photo
Agree with me? Drop me an email or leave a comment. Don't agree? Drop me a line anyway.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My Only Call For A Job From A Rip Off Company

Well I finally get a call for an interview, Universal Gas and Electric they want to meet me for an interview, cool I think.

During the call the secretary (not administrative assistant, a secretary is a secretary get over it.) did a couple of things wrong that set my radar off.

She mentioned that her boss got my resume of yahoo hot jobs or something of the sort, no they didn't.

I never posted it there, I applied off another site, Michigan Career Builder, they of course had it described in a sufficiently ambiguous way as to make the nature of the business totally impossible to determine.

Secondly she wanted me to make sure I brought a valid state ID with me as they like to hire on the spot.

No self respecting company hires on the spot and they certainly don't ask prospects to make sure they bring valid ID, it's an assumption you aren't a felon or totally retarded.

So I look up the company, find their corporate web site , ok no problem there but any 13 year old can set up a damn good web site in about 20 minutes.

I dig deeper and oh the complaints, seems this company has been ripping off folks for years.

Here are some samples of their delightful customer service record.

http://boiledover.com/?p=122
http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/fraud-and-cheating-c46727.html
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/305/RipOff0305125.htm

I think I am going to pass on this one, it's hard enough finding a job without having this on my resume.



Welcome to Detroit

No comments:

Post a Comment