My photo
Agree with me? Drop me an email or leave a comment. Don't agree? Drop me a line anyway.

Monday, August 4, 2008

Bankers Insurance Or Some Such Crap


Well now I have them calling my cell phone, so not only do I get email job offers from less than ethical institutions, now it's on my dime by calling my cell phone.

This one's script went something like this:

_______________________________________


My Future Career: Hello, can I speak with Veritas?

Me: This is.

MFC: I am from Banker's blah blah blah (so fast I almost didn't catch it) are you still looking for full time work? (a mistake..the whole world is looking for full time work, reputable places wouldn't make the distinction, they would just ask if your still available or not for an interview.)

Me: Yes I am

MFC: Well I would like to invite you to our managerial inductee training seminar? (another mistake..a reputable employer would ask if you would like to interview, not if you want to be invited to a seminar.)

Me: What where did you say you were calling from?

MFC: huh?

Me: Which employer are you with? (caught her off guard, she was so into the script she wasn't ready for a curve ball, it would be a no brainer for a reputable employer bvecause they aren't reading a script.)

MFC: Oh, Banker's Insurance. (it was something like that, this whole conversation is going so fast I can hardly tell.)

Me: Oh, is this insurance?

MFC: Well...Yes it is.

Me: No thank you I am not interested.

MFC: Well we don't cold call sell or or do blind door to door. (last mistake, you just told me you sell insurance, you want me to sell insurance AND this has nothing to do with management at all....ever..... I have Information Technology written ALL over my resume, these people are just harvesting them and calling people from a script, yeah I want to work for someone like you.)

Me: No thank you. (if I have to say no thanks twice, your trying to sell me...and it ain't working.)

_______________________________________

Oh well, leave me a comment let me know if your job searches are getting the same spectacular results or maybe what am I doing wrong?

P.S. Don't you love that telemarketing cube workstation photo at top? I would rather been unemployed than EVER have to sit in a human veal station like those above.

What are the drawers even for in those cubes?

Your hand gun in the top one, bullets in the second and goodbye note in the third and maybe some sticky notes and white out.



Welcome to Detroit

1 comment:

  1. Bankers Life and Casualty Company? Yeah god, they're so shady. I hope they never call me back and I'm sure glad I did some research on them before agreeing to get "hired". Thanks internet!

    ReplyDelete