My photo
Agree with me? Drop me an email or leave a comment. Don't agree? Drop me a line anyway.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Where Do They Get Their Dope From? - Part II


A shooting stemming from an undercover drug operation this afternoon outside Bob's of Canton at Merriman and Warren roads has left one person dead, police said.

Westland Police Chief James Ridener said around 3:30 p.m. undercover narcotics officers from Romulus Police Department were posing as sellers, attempting to sell fake drugs to several people in the parking lot.

The officers met with the people in a silver Mercedes. Once they got inside the vehicle officers became aware the prospective buyers had no intention of buying the drugs, Ridener said.

Shopper James Crews knew something was up when he saw a black vehicle pull up. He was loading groceries into this Malibu and felt people in the car -- there were at least three -- were staring at him.

Crews said a man left the car with a handgun and saw him fire at the Mercedes.
And then the shooting began.

Crews estimated "50 to 100 shots" fired.


_______________________________________


OK First off I have a fallen officer in my family so I am not going to take any negative feedback on my criticism, my family has paid our dues to society, I can speak.

1) Fake drugs? I have serviced computers and networks in DEA and ATF offices around Wayne county, they have piles, literally piles of the real McCoy laying around...I don't get this....any dealer worth his salt and there are a ton...knows his shit...I repeat KNOWS HIS SHIT.

2) Did Romulus PD have permission to be making a bust in Westland? Don't care personally just asking...this is the kind of technicality criminals get off on.

3) 50-100 shots? Jesus Christ...are these the worst shots on record? This must have looked like a Starsky and Hutch episode only longer than 30 minutes. They probably had to reload several times. Alright....This could have been automatic fire but they don't say and I am fairly sure the cops don't carry full auto even undercover.

Frankly, my opinion, not the best bust...it could have gone down without a shot if enough officers had been on it. Just poor planning, it could have gone far better than it obviously did.

THAT ASIDE...I commend the officers for their ongoing and valiant effort against crime, they consistently put their lives on the line day after day for no thanks and PEANUTS for pay...I know this as fact.

These ARE real heroes, they DO exist, they DO walk among us.




Welcome to Detroit

No comments:

Post a Comment