My photo
Agree with me? Drop me an email or leave a comment. Don't agree? Drop me a line anyway.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Job Search News


Well I got a couple of good news bits on the job search...well not good but an improvement...well not a couple more like one.

I received an email from Express Employment Professionals, unfortunately they were anything but.

Per their email I called them back to review my resume, Francesca Marie Julianne Romero Stephano Smith (not her real name) took my call.

I explained the email and asked to speak with the person on the email, Betty Mae Gonzalez Cortez Alfredo Johnson (not her real name either), thinking it may just have been a form letter and there was no Betty Mae Gonzalez Cortez Alfredo Johnson.

Well I still don't know, Francesca Marie Julianne Romero Stephano Smith said she was in the middle of an interview and would call me back in 10 minutes and took my number down....never heard from them again.

Just not good cricket as they say over the pond...over here in we call it unprofessional.

My second contact via email by another contractor was a lot more optimistic. I won't name the contract house but my contact seemed eager and was going to start shopping me around...I liked that conversation.

It was what I like to call "the crazy filter" call...they call you to see how you speak, conduct yourself over the phone, discuss some skills you may or may not have...you know just generally see if your a raving lunatic or not.

So nothing concrete but still I am hopeful...I don't want to leave Michigan...I like it here.

Since about June 15th or so I have submitted daily anywhere from 2-20 online applications Monday through Friday...I estimate I have applied to over 300 separate positions.

Just keeping it in perspective for you.



Welcome to Detroit



No comments:

Post a Comment