My photo
Agree with me? Drop me an email or leave a comment. Don't agree? Drop me a line anyway.

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Thousands Lose Jobs As Michigan Unemployment Offices Close

Thousands Lose Jobs As Michigan Unemployment Offices Close

LANSING, MI—In another devastating blow to the state's already fragile economy, the Unemployment Insurance Agency of the state of Michigan permanently shuttered its nine branch offices Monday, leaving more than 8,500 unemployment employees unemployed.

"People from all over the state used to come just to visit our unemployment office," Ayers, 52, said. "Just like Detroit, Ypsilanti, Novi, and most other Michigan cities, Flint's an unemployment town. Has been as long as I can remember."

The sudden collapse of the very institution that formed the backbone of the state economy has left its former employees in total shock.

The Onion

___________________________
The Onion never fails to make me laugh and we in Detroit need it about now.
Welcome to Detroit

No comments:

Post a Comment