My photo
Agree with me? Drop me an email or leave a comment. Don't agree? Drop me a line anyway.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Franalysis? WTF Is Franalysis? Sounds Like It Hurts.


Well in my job hunt my name and personal information has been sold yet again apparently to a company called Franalysis.

Sounds like a place where they do things to your colon but I guess is some kind of franchising clearing house.

One thing I have come to realize is that if "the sell" is in any way shape or form ambiguous it's probably not what I am looking for, namely a job.

So back to Franalysis, they have a disclaimer on their email threating me to not copy or redistribute the email, another flag that I don't want anything to do with it.

It further states if I am not the proper recipient to destroy the email.

Well I have been in IT long enough to know that is easier said than done, nothing is ever permanently deleted. 

I have had to perform enough data recoveries to recover evidence against employee policy infractions to know better than that.

I am not going to throw my PC into a trash compacter and then burn it either, so delete with have to do I guess.

Nothing showed up on Ripoff.com about Fanalysis, a good sign as far as I am concerned there.

Saw some discussion on a franchise website which was positive, always hard to tell because sometimes employees tout their own business impersonating happy customers.

But I will take it for what it's worth Franalysis seems to be a consulting firm that partners your money with franchises for a percentage fee and is on the up and up.

Either way, I am not a business owner, don't want to be a business owner, not a venture capitalist and my information was yet again sold either with or without my knowledge or consent.

I have no way of policing the hundreds of job boards and corporate websites I have had to enter my information on to ever know, I still need to look for a job and not for who sold my info.

I guess I have been unsubscribed, I followed their instructions in the email and saw that it was my first name, last name and email that was sold.

Received message on browser - You have been unsubscribed from "My Subscribers".

According to the screen it was a company called Streamsend

Whew its a lot of work reading my email....





Welcome To Detroit




1 comment:

  1. I got their email today (I'm listed on Monster.com and careerbuilder.com looking for a job). The scary part about their ad is the part about using your 401-k or IRA to finance your new franchise without penalties. The company they use creates a 401-k to move your money into, and then uses the money to buy stock in your newly formed corporation, for a percentage I'm sure. A risky thing to do in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete