My photo
Agree with me? Drop me an email or leave a comment. Don't agree? Drop me a line anyway.

Friday, June 5, 2009

My New Rules For TV Viewing



My New Rules For TV

Call it epiphany or whatever but I made myself some new rules for TV watching.

1) No Cop shows of any kind
2) No Lawyer shows of any kind
3) No Hospital/Doctor shows of any kind
4) No Ghost shows of any kind

Why?

Because for the most part I can summarize every scripts' emotional climax with a few succinct words.

Just take the occupation and fill in the blank ala Star Treks' own Doctor "Bones "McCoy

Examples:

I am a COP damn it!
I am a DOCTOR damn it!
I am a PARANORMAL INVESTIGATOR damn it!
I am a CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATOR damn it!
I am a LAWYER damn it!

They all boil down to this same overblown emotional statement sooner or later and frankly, I don't think a new idea has been introduced to television in decades.

Shoot... even Star Trek has seen several reiterations to date.

If it weren't for 7 of 9 and T'Pal I wouldn't have been interested anyway...Hence the sweet photos above.

Whats the deal with ghost shows lately? I mean really? Ghosts?

The Creme de le Creme being those two plumbers who investigate the paranormal (TAPS).

Christ I wouldn't even trust my toilet to these two let alone their on site, over night investigation of my residence.

Here... let me again summarize TAPS for you..."What was that?....What was that?"

C'mon TV producers, try just a little harder can't you?

If it wasn't for the Red Wings and the Discovery channel I don't think I would be watching any TV at all anymore.

Tirade over, you can go about your business.




Welcome To Detroit




No comments:

Post a Comment