My photo
Agree with me? Drop me an email or leave a comment. Don't agree? Drop me a line anyway.

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Detroit Pulls A Schwarzenegger


Detroit tells workers of impending layoffs

The city of Detroit sent letters Friday to unions warning that layoffs are possible by the end of September, in part because of the City Council's refusal to sell half of the Detroit-Windsor Tunnel.

"We have been hearing rumblings about this," said John Riehl, president of an American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees local that represents Water and Sewerage Department workers.

"We look at this as a pressure tactic. It's what we expected, but the mayor could be gone by the end of September."

Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick faces multiple felonies and calls for his resignation. Riehl said he views the notification as a pressure tactic in ongoing contract negotiations with at least two city unions.

________________________________

Ummmm how can I put this delicately? .....good?

About time, the Detroit infrastructure needs a overhaul from top to bottom and I don't care which end gets it first.


Welcome to Detroit


No comments:

Post a Comment