My photo
Agree with me? Drop me an email or leave a comment. Don't agree? Drop me a line anyway.

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Sheila Cockrel Called To Testify


Sheila Cockrel called to testify

Councilwoman insists she is not a target of grand jury investigation into alleged City Hall corruption.


Councilwoman Sheila Cockrel says she is scheduled to testify Wednesday before a grand jury investigating allegations of City Hall corruption, which could include the city's $47 million Synagro Technologies sludge disposal deal.

The FBI and the federal grand jury are investigating possible bribes in connection with the contract, which pays the Texas-based company about $47 million a year to truck and treat Detroit's sewage sludge.

Cockrel denies wrongdoing. She said her subpoena to testify didn't specify what she will be asked about. But in July, Cockrel received a grand jury subpoena to produce all her documents on the sludge deal and an interconnected agreement the City Council approved in March with a composting facility called Systematic Recycling.

Cockrel said she may not actually testify Wednesday because her lawyer has a previous engagement. She said she will try to reschedule the testimony.

At least three other council members have gotten similar FBI letters: Monica Conyers, Martha Reeves and Barbara-Rose Collins, people familiar with the federal investigation have said.

Source

________________________________________


The heat is really going to start coming down.


I predict Federal indictments on several members of the Detroit City Council.

I predict the Tamara Greene investigation will have some break-throughs as people start talking.

I predict Gary Brown will be appointed Detroit Chief of Police.


I don't know about you but if at my job I was subpoenaed by Federal investigators EVERYONE is going to look at me with the hairy eyeball.

Sheila Cockrel has really perfected the stunned doe-eyed look hasn't she?

Now she says she wants to reschedule it?  Sound like anyone we know?..cough cough KWAMI cough cough.

You don't reschedule a Federal subpoena...well the little people don't....you say good God I want this over now, lets get my testimony on record now because its the truth.



Welcome To Detroit

No comments:

Post a Comment