My photo
Agree with me? Drop me an email or leave a comment. Don't agree? Drop me a line anyway.

Thursday, July 24, 2008

California's State Workers Face Pay Cuts - Arnold Schwarzeneger Is My New Hero


California's state workers face pay cuts

Arnold Schwarzenegger is threatening to slash the salaries of California state employees to the federal minimum wage to keep the state solvent amid a deepening cash crisis.

Source


At first glance you would think I would be enraged by this policy tactic, admittedly I am unsure about it but I do know one thing.

Michigan state workers sit on their collective asses all day and laugh at those of us in the private sector.

Don't deny it, I have seen it, I have heard it, I have been impacted by it.

Yes I have waited in line and took a number.

What the #$%&! kind of business uses the "take a number" method anyway?

Only 3, the baker, the butcher (if you can find one) and the Michigan Secretary of State.

That's how archaic and non-accountable for service level the Secretary of State is, they use paper numbers here in Michigan folks.

Who else among us has waited in line at the Secretary of State (Michigan's version of what many states call the DMV.) and wished, nay prayed the day would come when those behind the counter got paid by straight commissions rather than by the hour?

How fast would lines move if every worker got a buck for every automobile license plate they issued? It would be like a McDonald's drive thru....EVEN FASTER.

I think it may be actually be a good idea to make department heads accountable to ensure those subordinate to them are fiscally solvent. After all isn't that how it goes in the real world?

Here in Michigan getting a job with the state is like getting a golden ticket from Willie Wonka's lottery, you won't have to take your job seriously ever again because you would have to walk in to work nude, drunk, holding a gun in one hand and your dick in the other to get fired from a state job.

Yes Arnold is a republican, but I won't hold that against him.

This decision shows some balls, he does not actually think its going to happen I don't think, he is just doing it to drive the California legislative body to come to a fiscal decision to make the state of California fiscally solvent.

I bet it works, everyone who works for the state out in Cali is probably going totally nuts.

That means shit will happen and soon.



Welcome to Detroit

No comments:

Post a Comment